Black Trumpet Dried Mushrooms
The black trumpet mushroom is sometimes referred to as a "poor man's truffle" and is prized for its sweet floral flavor profile and goes especially well in pasta dishes, cream-based sauces, risotto, eggs and cheeses.
Contents: Wild-foraged Black Trumpet Mushrooms (Craterellus cornucopioides).
- Wild-foraged, hand-selected and hand-packed for quality
- Strong, fruity, musky flavor
- A fine selection of the most sought-after of all the wild mushrooms in the world
- Adds wonderful flavor to any sauce, soup, and more
- Net Weight: .75 ounces (21 grams)
- Simply rehydrate and use as you would fresh mushrooms
- Rehydration process produces a delicious broth as well
- Certified USDA Organic
Using Dried Mushrooms
Dried mushrooms rehydrate at a ratio of approximately 7:1. If you purchase 1 ounce dried, it would be the equivalent of about ½ pound fresh. Please note, rehydrated mushrooms are best used in dishes that do not rely upon its texture to the same degree fresh mushroom could in a prepared dish. In other words, they cannot be "browned" very easily as you would sauté fresh mushrooms since they have been saturated by the reconstitution process.
To reconstitute, simmer mushrooms in 1 cup water in a covered pan until pliable, approximately 10 minutes. Another method is to simply soak in broth or water for 30 to 45 minutes. The resulting broth contains the mushroom flavor and should be strained through a coffee filter before use. Rinse the mushroom pieces, and then add the mushrooms and broth to your recipe.
Forest to Fork is a proud to collaborate with MycoLogical Natural Products Ltd. to offer this product.