"Lions Mane" (Hericium erinaceus)
First off, it tastes like crab meat! Add to that the feature, research suggests Lion's mane mushroom may offer a range of health benefits, including reduced inflammation and improved cognitive and heart health. Don't let its appearance intimidate you, just tear into bite sized pieces and sauté with ½ cup of water for 10 minutes. Remove from the pan, add some butter, and then return to the pan to brown them a bit. You can also deep fry them or add to any hotdish or pasta for a real treat.
- Delicious, sweet, rich seafood flavor
- Known for several health-promotion benefits
- Use as a replacement for crab or fish in any seafood recipe
- Fantastic in pasta, as well as fried, roasted or sautéed
- Sold in premium, eco-friendly, preservation packaging
- Actively grown inside Forest To Fork’s start-of-the-art fruiting chambers
- Expertly, small-batch grown in New Hope, Minnesota, U.S.A.
- Picked per order and sold direct to consumer
Enjoying Lion's Mane
This unique looking mushroom is often described as having a texture and flavor similar to crab meat. It is also a well-studied medicinal mushroom noted for its ability to enhance and improve cognitive function. It is great in a pasta dish as a faux seafood, tempura battered and deep fried, smashed and roasted or sautéed and dipped in clarified butter. This is another awesome vegetarian substitute, and a minute sliver off the base of the stem and you'll have close to 100% use.
Fresh Lions Mane Mushrooms
To order, please call 612-870-9662