"Maitake" (Grifola frondosa)
This Mushrooms name, which translates to "dancing mushroom", is said to have been derived after people danced with happiness upon finding it in the wild. Maitake are highly regarded for both its incredible flavor as well as its healing properties. This hearty mushroom is firm, even when cooked, with a deeply satisfying umami flavor that goes great with just about anything.
- Smoky, sweet and strong flavor
- Prized for exquisite flavor and health-enhancing properties
- Delicious in egg, grain or vegetable dishes, or as a bold, rich, nourishing broth
- Sold in premium, eco-friendly, preservation packaging
- Actively grown inside Forest To Fork’s start-of-the-art fruiting chambers
- Expertly, small-batch grown in New Hope, Minnesota, U.S.A.
- Picked per order and sold direct to consumer
Maitake's wonderfully unique, excellent, flavor neither overpowers or is easily overpowered in a dish. It is incredibly versatile and can be roasted, baked, deep fried, sautéed and stir fried. The "hen of the woods" as it is sometimes called, pairs well with other wild mushrooms, bitter greens, shallot, garlic, thyme, potatoes, cheese (especially Parmesan and Gruyere), eggs, bacon, shellfish and beef.
Fresh Maitake Mushrooms
To order, please call 612-870-9662