Fresh Shiitake Mushrooms (1/4 lb.)
The looks, taste, popularity, nutritional and health qualities of this mushroom are undeniable. These popular, meaty shrooms feature rich colors of tan and brown and feature a round cap with a dark underside. They pack a savory, smoky taste, are high in iron and contain other health benefits. Widely and originally cultivated in Japan and China, Shitake are now in high demand in the U.S. and worldwide. They are delicious when prepared in wide range of recipes and dishes, on their own, or on a steak!
While we always preach about the healthy properties of our mushrooms, it is especially relevant today. A 2015 study by the University of Florida study shows increased immunity in people who ate a cooked shiitake mushroom every day for four weeks.
Contents: One-quarter pound of Fresh Shitake Mushrooms (Lentinula edodes).
- Spicy, Toasty, and warming flavor
- Known for boosting immune systems and promotion of good health
- Essential ingredient in traditional Asian dishes
- Popular in many international recipes such as risotto
- Sold in premium, eco-friendly, preservation packaging
- Actively grown inside Forest To Fork’s start-of-the-art fruiting chambers
- Expertly, small-batch grown in New Hope, Minnesota, U.S.A.
- Picked per order and sold direct to consumer
- USDA Certified Organic
“Shitake” (Lentinula edodes)
Shiitake has a meaty texture and a rich, buttery, flavor six times more intense than that of a white button mushroom. Dried, it has fifteen times more flavor building nucleotide's than porcini! This means it adds a great depth of flavor to any recipe, but it is especially well suited for red meats, stir fry, soups, and sauté dishes.